Indian-Spiced Yogurt-Marinated Chicken served with rice or nan bread.2015-01-31
- Servings : 3-4
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 60m
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 yellow onion grated, (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic , grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs.
Stir together yogurt, onion, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 to 10 hours.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess drip off. Place chicken pieces on baking sheet. Discard remaining marinade. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Or, to grill chicken, preheat grill. Grill chicken over medium to medium high heat, 7 to 10 minutes per side, or until chicken is just cooked through.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe